The information system (is) consists of orderly interconnected elements and has a set of integrative qualities. Decomposition of information systems into constituent elements is carried out in different ways, however, most often information systems are divided into two subsystems: functional and providing.
The functional subsystem consists of a set of tasks, grouped on the basis of common goals – planning, accounting, control aimed at improving the efficiency of the enterprise. The security subsystem, in turn, includes the following elements:
- technical support, as a set of technical means to ensure the processing and transmission of information flows;
- mathematical support, that is, a set of methods for solving functional problems. Mathematical software is an information and command environment as a set of software and information support and a certain interface standard;
- – provision of information, which includes various dictionaries, classifiers, codificatory, means a formalized description of the data.
Software (SOFTWARE) depending on the functions performed by the program, can be divided into two large groups: system and application SOFTWARE.
System software (SPO) is a “software shell” of hardware designed to separate other programs from direct interaction with the equipment and the organization of the information processing process in the computer. SDR includes such types of programs as operating systems (OS), various service tools that functionally complement the capabilities of the OS, tools (database management systems, programming languages, expert system shells). Application SOFTWARE is designed to solve certain tasks of the user.
The main component of the SDR – OS performs the following functions:
- – organization of multi-purpose operation of the computer, in which it is possible to simultaneously run multiple programs;
- organization of storage of programs and data on media and, possibly, authorization of access to this information;
- providing user interaction based on the graphical interface;
- providing network capabilities, that is, the ability to access information stored in the memory of another computer in a local or global network.
A variety of hardware and operating systems have led to the emergence of a unifying concept of the platform (hardware). In the traditional sense, the platform is a complex of hardware and software on which the computer user SOFTWARE operates. The basis of the hardware platform is the processor. The type of processor determines the type and characteristics of the computer. Practice shows that the evolution of the hardware and software complex is continuous as the skills and knowledge of those who actually use these tools. Modularity of software and hardware is the key to the evolutionary development of systems. International organizations and large firms in the field of Informatics offer different standards for hardware and software interfaces.
Interface is a technology of communication with a computer and interaction of parts of computers